The Greek Tofu Bowl features crispy, breaded and baked tofu cutlets drizzled with a light dressing on a bed of fresh cucumbers, tomatoes, and peppers.
greek tofu bowl
Tofu is an excellent source of protein for vegetarians. It’s low in calories and very mild in flavor, so it takes a little love to make it what you crave. Saw. A Greek-style tofu salad filled with fresh and colorful vegetables. Plus, it’s packed with 32 grams of protein per serving.This is the perfect plant-based main course for lunch or dinner. Many of my favorite easy tofu recipes are these Tofu Poke Bowls, Tofu Stir Fries, Spicy Sriracha Tofu Donburi, and Tofu Tacos.
How to infuse flavor into tofu?
Many Greek tofu marinade recipes use liquid marinades to add flavor, but they didn’t seem to lend themselves to Mediterranean flavors. I made a layered taste with.
greek tofu ingredients
- Tofu: Drain 1 pack of firm tofu.
- Yogurt: Non-fat plain Greek yogurt was used to coat the tofu.
- garlic: Chop 2 cloves of garlic.
- lemon: Squeeze one lemon.
- Panko bread crumbs for crispy tofu
- seasoning: salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, dried oregano
- Greek bowl dressing: olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, dried oregano, salt, pepper
- vegetable: Persian cucumber, red bell pepper, grape tomato, red onion
- cheese: Crumble feta cheese over a bowl.
How to make a Greek Tofu Bowl
- Draining tofu: Place the tofu on a plate lined with paper towels or tea towels, cover with another towel, and place a thick pan on top to squeeze out excess water.
- dressing: Whisk dressing ingredients and set aside.
- Greek yogurt mix: Mix yogurt, garlic, lemon zest, salt and pepper.
- Tofu bread crumbs: Mix bread crumbs and seasonings.
- Seasonal tofu: Cut tofu crosswise into 8 equal pieces, each about 0.5 inch. Sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper.
- Dredge tofu: Lightly coat with yogurt and bread crumbs and press lightly to adhere. Place the breaded slices on an oiled baking sheet and lightly spray the surface with oil.
- bake tofu On baking sheet for 20 minutes at 400°F. Remove the pans from the oven, turn each one over, and return to the oven to bake for another 20 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Vegetable preparation: Cut the cucumber and green pepper into 1cm cubes, thinly slice the red onion, and cut the tomato in half.
- Assemble the tofu bowl. Place half of the vegetables in 2 large bowls and top with 4 slices of tofu in each. Drizzle with dressing and sprinkle with feta cheese.
How to store Greek bowls
Tofu is at its crunchiest right out of the oven, but if you want these Vegetarian Greek Bowls to be meal prepped, keep tofu, vegetables, dressing, and cheese separate. Reheat tofu in air fryer, oven, or microwave until warm.
- vegetable: Feel free to use whatever combination of vegetables you have. Avocados, roasted beets, and zucchini are all delicious.
- Not a tofu fan? Replace with shrimp or chicken.
- Herbs: Sprinkle the bowl with fresh herbs such as mint, dill, and basil.
- Jarlet material: Top the Mediterranean bowl with Kalamata olives, capers, or artichoke hearts.
- Enrich more: Add brown rice, quinoa, pita bread or chickpeas.
- Vegan Tofu Bowl: Omit cheese and use dairy-free yogurt.
- Sauce: If you want more sauce on top, serve with tzatziki or sprinkle with tahini.
- Greek Salad: If you want to add leafy greens, add romaine lettuce or spinach.
More bowl recipes you’ll love
yield: 2 serving
Serving size: 1 bowl
Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly spray the sheet pan with oil and set it aside.
Place tofu on a plate lined with paper towels or tea towels. Cover with another towel and place a thick pan on top to squeeze excess water out of the tofu.
In the meantime make the dressing. In a small measuring cup, combine all dressing ingredients. Whisk to combine and set aside.
Place the yogurt in a medium bowl and add the garlic, lemon zest, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste.
Place bread crumbs on a plate and season with garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper. Mix.
Cut tofu crosswise into 8 equal halves, each about 1/2-inch slice. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Flip slices and season with salt and pepper.
Add each piece of tofu to the yoghurt mixture, lightly brush the yoghurt with your hand or the back of a spoon, and remove to a clean plate. Repeat with remaining slices.
When all slices are coated with yogurt, transfer to bread crumbs.
Dip each slice in bread crumbs and press gently to adhere to all sides. Place breaded slices on prepared sheet pan. Lightly spray olive oil on top.
Place the tofu in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Remove the sheet pan from the oven, carefully turn each piece over, and return to the oven to bake for another 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, cut cucumbers and peppers into 1-inch cubes, and halve tomatoes.
When the tofu is done, let it cool for 5 minutes while you assemble the bowls. Whisk the dressing, then pour into a bowl and top with crushed feta cheese.
Please leave a rating and a comment how you liked this recipe. This allows our business to thrive and allow us to continue providing high quality recipes for free.
Serving: 1 bowl, calorie: 485 kcal, carbohydrates: 30 g, protein: 32 g, obesity: 27 g, saturated fat: 5.5 g, cholesterol: 16 mg, sodium: 682 mg, fiber: 6 g, sugar: 9 g